The transformation to a beautiful, healthy smile can be a powerful experience. We understand how a smile affects every aspect of your life, the way the world sees you and the way you see yourself. It literally can transform your life, your self-esteem, your business and your relationships.
Your smile is your first introduction to the world. Even the most subtle change in your smile can make a dramatic difference in your desire to enhance that introduction.
With today’s dentistry, you no longer have to settle for stained, chipped, or misshapen teeth. You now have choices that can help you smile with confidence, but choose wisely. Dental technology and procedures have changed quickly. What was current five or ten years ago is simply not anymore. Dr. Liang is constantly taking courses and upgrading his knowledge of cosmetic dentistry for his practice where beautiful smile enhancements are performed every day.
Before you come for your appointment please take some time to look in your mirror to consider:
- Do you find yourself not smiling in public?
- How often do you smile?
- Do you look at pictures of models and actors, and wish that you had a smile like theirs?
- When you look at your pictures, do you like your smile?
- When was the last time you had a hearty full laugh?
- Would you like your teeth to be whiter or more uniform?
- Do you have irregular, decayed, missing or chipped teeth?
- Do you have spaces between your teeth?
- How much of your gums show when you smile?
- Do the gums of your teeth show symmetry or are uneven?
- Do you have ill-fitting dental work done on your front teeth?
- Do your gums bleed on brushing or appear swollen?
- Does any tooth appear out of line or excessively longer?
- Does your smile blend with your personality – sharper edges on their teeth denoting a more aggressive masculine look or rounded edges, denoting a softer feminine look?
- Does the shape of your teeth, blend in with the shape of your face
- Does the shape of your teeth, blend in with your body structure
- With modern cosmetic dentistry, you may be able to change the above aspects of your smile to a more desirable smile
Changes start with a smile analysis. At your initial consultation, using digital video and computer technology, Dr. Liang will discuss your ultimate goals and treatment planning after a clinical examination.
We look at the overall condition and structure of your teeth, based on the principles of smile design, e.g. symmetry, silhouette, shading, the proportion of gum to teeth or specific problems you have, such as discoloured or missing teeth, unsightly older restorations such as crowns, bridges or implants, etc.
The final decision as to the type of treatment will be based upon the results of the smile analysis and patient desires. Our goal is to provide our patients a comprehensive range of services to enhance their smile. Whatever the ultimate goal might be, there are treatments to achieve it
We will listen to you about:
- why you’re not satisfied with your smile
- your past dental history
- what aesthetic dentistry could do for you
- the time-frame and cost of the recommended work
Smile design is the application of smile analysis. When we see the end result of our work, changing smiles, we can see an immediate change in confidence and interaction with others. When a clinical change so positively affects psychological and emotional components in a person, it confirms the reason that we enjoy dentistry in the first place.